There is nothing as classy as the sound of a Live Band with a Brass section. Brass can sweeten the live sound and give your audience an impressive live experience when viewing The Wondertones. It is a true big-band sound. Brass can also be adapted to modern pop and rock songs also, so it is a diverse addition to a band.
The Wondertones have Trumpet and Sax as standard. Our mission is to have a big, impressive sound for all wedding events. Our musicians have played with many big-bands in Galway and have a wealth of experience.
“Brass” played on a keyboard is not the same, and sounds synthetic. Why have cotton when you can have silk?!
The Wondertones are a Tuam based Wedding Band who play in Galway, Mayo, Roscommon and Clare. We are a Galway Wedding Band who perform with Brass (Sax & Trumpet) as standard.
We have also played in Loughrea, Ballinasloe, Tuam, Gort, Oranmore and Athenry. In Mayo, we regularly play in Ballina, Claremorris, Castlebar, Ashford, Cong, Breaffy and Westport.
We are a Wedding Band with Brass and it makes a difference!
The Dancefloor... always great when it is full! Keeping the dancefloor full is a two-way street between the band and the bridal party. Here are our tips:
1. Tell The Wondertones the age profile of your guests. We will gauge the music from the stage, but we will have tailored our song choices to suit your guests.
2. Have the wedding dress pinned and the bridal party told to stay around, just to make sure the first dance gets underway quickly ;)
3. Sometimes your guests may need encouragement to hop on the dancefloor! It is a great help when the Happy Couple support the dance floor during the night.
4. The Bridal Party should also support the dancefloor, and encourage as many guests to participate in the craic!
5. Key dancing points for the Happy Couple are:
(A): First Dance
(C): Love Songs
(D): Last few Songs
What if the dancefloor empties?
Don't Worry. Sometimes your guests may not be dancers. On rare occasions, if this happens, we try to play a wide range of music to make sure that we cover all genres. Sometimes, we see guests relaxing at their tables and singing along with the music! We always deliver a strong vocal performance at every show, and some people just love a good old sing-along!
We will always alter the music to find a working formula. After 10 years on the road, we have a good idea of how to work a dancefloor ;) We also have key songs in our set to encourage audience participation. These key points can invigorate a dancefloor.
We constantly change our song list, and mixes to freshen up our set. We have a wide range of music and genres to ensure a great night!
Now...Don't forget those dancing shoes!
The First Dance. We have all seen those viral videos of the most amazing sequenced First Dances. Fancy a 'flash-mob'? (*nobody knows*, but everyone really does!). Still thinking about learning all of the dance moves to Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud"?
STOP! Here are some simple facts:
Some Couples are just not dancers.
Some Couples are shy.
Some Couples are not comfortable with the attention of a First Dance.
You don't need gimmicks, flash-mobs or rehearsed dance routines to have a memorable first dance. You are not expected to be Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers.
Here are some tips from The Wondertones:
1. Don't Panic!
2. Pick a suitable song that you both like.
3. Pick a song that you can do a simple shuffle to.
4. Don't learn a routine. You will forget it. It will look unnatural.
5. Ask The Wondertones to bring in the bridal party after the first chorus (this will take the pressure off).
The Wondertones have a vast selection of First Dances for Galway Weddings on our website. We can learn a special song (provided it is within our range, and subject to a notice period of 4-6 weeks).
Go forth and select your First Dance!