The Wondertones have many years’ experience in crafting the wedding song list to suit your audience. We watch your guests and we will gauge their expectations and reactions from the stage. If a certain genre of music is not working, we will quickly change and adapt to suit your guests.
In general, if you feel that your invited guests will be a young audience, then The Wondertones will tend towards a stronger ‘party’ set and limit our waltz & swing sets. If you feel that your invited guests may be a mature audience, then we will tend towards more Jives, Waltz & Swing type music and limit our Modern Rock Set.
We do not have a pre-determined song list for the night, but we have loose groupings of genres that we work to. Generally, a wedding runs like this:
1. First Dance (Usually 9:30/10pm)
2. Wedding starter songs (Love is in the air / Pretty Woman… & more!)
3. Jives & Country Jives
4. First Waltz Set (and an old-time waltz if needed)
5. More Jives and Rockabilly Jives (Johnny Cash!)
6. 60’s Pop / Twists
7. Second Waltz Set / Love songs (If needed)
Time for a cup of tea and a cocktail sausage! (Usually 11pm)
8. 70’s, 80’s & 90’s
9. Rock & Pop
10. Celtic Rock (Sawdoctors / The Stunning)
11. Rock N’ Roll / Twists
12. Sing-Song Ending!
Time for the D.J. (Usually 12:15 - 12.30 am)