Here are some links for DJ's we have worked with in the past...
DJ John Staunton
DJ Jason Shaughnessy
Midlands DJ's (Trevor)
DJ Paddy Healy - 087 638 5773
DJ Tommy Elliott
DJ Benen Tierney
DJ Aidan Connaughton
DJ Aidan Kenny
DJ Shane "Slopey" Donnellan - 087 941 1721
The DJ keeps the party going. We have worked with many great DJ's. The ones who stand out are those that can work the crowd. Generally, a great wedding DJ will:
1. Set up when the band sets up or during the tea-break.
2. Know what songs the band has already played, and not repeat any.
3. Have their own lighting system and a good clear sound system.
4. Interact with your guests, play requests... rock the boat!
5. Be ready to start the second The Wondertones finish.
6. DJ's commonly play from 12:15am to 2:15am for a wedding.
The Wondertones don't offer a DJ service, as we believe that all DJ's should be professionals and not just "one of the band" playing music whilst taking down the band equipment.
We always co-ordinate our music with the DJ to ensure that there is a seamless transition from band to DJ. We always tell the DJ what our last few songs are, just so there are no surprises.
We have worked with a lot of professional DJ's in the business and all professionals know the wedding protocol. You should be expecting to pay between €250 - €350* for a reputable DJ (*2017 Prices).