The Dancefloor... always great when it is full! Keeping the dancefloor full is a two-way street between the band and the bridal party. Here are our tips:
1. Tell The Wondertones the age profile of your guests. We will gauge the music from the stage, but we will have tailored our song choices to suit your guests.
2. Have the wedding dress pinned and the bridal party told to stay around, just to make sure the first dance gets underway quickly ;)
3. Sometimes your guests may need encouragement to hop on the dancefloor! It is a great help when the Happy Couple support the dance floor during the night.
4. The Bridal Party should also support the dancefloor, and encourage as many guests to participate in the craic!
5. Key dancing points for the Happy Couple are:
(A): First Dance
(C): Love Songs
(D): Last few Songs
What if the dancefloor empties?
Don't Worry. Sometimes your guests may not be dancers. On rare occasions, if this happens, we try to play a wide range of music to make sure that we cover all genres. Sometimes, we see guests relaxing at their tables and singing along with the music! We always deliver a strong vocal performance at every show, and some people just love a good old sing-along!
We will always alter the music to find a working formula. After 10 years on the road, we have a good idea of how to work a dancefloor ;) We also have key songs in our set to encourage audience participation. These key points can invigorate a dancefloor.
We constantly change our song list, and mixes to freshen up our set. We have a wide range of music and genres to ensure a great night!
Now...Don't forget those dancing shoes!